Wednesday, August 15, 2012

She's alive!!!

Hello dear patient blog readers.  I know I've deserted you for a while, but I have more to say than can be fit into a status on my Facebook page, so I'm blogging.

1.  I survived my summer of kids at home while trying to work.  Crazy... yet it happens every single year.  I concentrated on designing new projects and writing patterns, which made my schedule a little more flexible (although a little less lucrative... as if this job is EVER lucrative!)

2. I concentrated most of my summer on creating projects for my Bead and Button application... these also became projects I'll teach other places, but it seemed to make sense to get them designed and part of the application.  If you want to see all the projects, go here.... Facebook Photo Album of 2013 Class submissions

and here's what they looked like in a box going to Milwaukee...






It's kind of scary realizing my WHOLE summer is in that box and it might be rejected... again.  I'm trying to be positive about it, but after 3 rejections, I'm being more realistic and if I get accepted then I'll be totally surprised and happy.  I'm not giving up, however, so I sent the big box and it's full of good stuff!  (and it's not like I wasted the summer... I'll be teaching these projects nationally!)


And here's what I'm working on today.... PACKING!!!! (well, other than this blog post)  Bead Fest Philadelphia is this weekend and for the first time since 2001(?) I have a booth!  Here's a coupon to get into the show for FREE!!!!!  (a $12 value!)  All you have to do is print it.  It has my name and booth number on there, so come to the show and see me and BUY STUFF!!!!!!

 (click on the image to make it larger and print)


Well...back to packing!  I will try to check in more often!!!  If you need MORE Sylviebeads, follow me on Facebook.  You'll see a lot more images of things as projects develop and things come out of the kiln.


tiny blah blah blah...


coffee - YES!  Starbucks!  (and I'm pretty sure I'll have another one on the road.  Have to stay awake!)

music - not yet, but I'm working on my driving playlist!

No comments: