Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday... Just another manic one? No, but a busy one.

I had to take an unexpected week(ish) off last week due to Snowmageddon 2011 in Atlanta. School was canceled for a WEEK and we couldn't get out of our neighborhood until Thursday. Seriously.

Now, just in case you need a reminder, my kids didn't go back to school until the WEDNESDAY after New Years, so they were only in school for 3 days from December 23-January 18 (tomorrow) That's over 3 weeks off!!!!! That totally threw my game off getting ready for Tucson. Sure... I was at home and could work in the studio, BUT anytime the kids are home, it just doesn't work the same. I get small stuff made, but nothing that I really have to invest uninterruptable (is that a word?) time to. I'm afraid to start something that I know will take an hour or more because I have this feeling that as soon as I'm 3/4 of the way into it... something will need my attention, I'll either have to stop OR the distraction will cause me to crack the piece and I'll lose that time I worked. Maybe this is just being overly cautious, but I don't take the risk... I just make little beads instead.

SO... for Tucson right now I have..... one mermaid and a million gazillion little beads! (I did have back-stock of focal beads, but I've only made ONE since Tucson prep began)

That's CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! I'm really trying to focus on focal beads (focus on focal?) this week... but even today I got side-tracked. I started back on making the big totems... NOT what I had planned to do. (but they're really pretty, so I'm sort of forgiving myself)

Re-reading this makes me sound a little crazed and all over the place. Truly... I'm not. I'm just a little stressed knowing I need to get a lot of work done in a short amount of time. I'll keep you posted!

tiny blah blah blah...

coffee - Starbucks!!!!! You don't know how badly I missed my Cinnamon Dolce Latte during the time I was iced-in. (it wasn't snow, but ice that stranded us) Today's coffee sponsor was a "thank you" gift-card. Thank you back!!!!!

Music - my Country Guilty Pleasures playlist. It cracks me up that I like this music.... and like to sing along LOUDLY to it! :)

No comments: