Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Some days you just can't make art. It's just not the right time.

No matter how hard you try.... and I tried. I tried and I tried and I tried yesterday, but I kept staring at my inspirational material that I'm supposed to be using for the ISGB juried Convergence show and I got NOWHERE. I have some sketches, but nothing concrete and I still haven't totally honed in on one idea.

My heart was broken yesterday and I just couldn't focus. It was broken by little stuff at home and outside my home. Stuff that seemed big at the moment, but was made little seeing the sadness that others were going through yesterday. A family friend passed away and I kept thinking of the heartbreak her family was going through... the loss of a daughter, a wife, and the mom of two young young kids.

Katie was a courageous faithful woman who fought until the very end and was an example of grace and strength in adverse circumstances. Although I hadn't seen her in a few years, facebook is nice for keeping people in touch and her statuses over the last few years showed nothing but joy. I know that the joy came from knowing that no matter what her earthly circumstances she had a FOREVER future outside her broken body and that the good-byes she might have to make on earth weren't forever. But I was still filled with sadness yesterday.

My heart wasn't broken for Katie. She's doing just fine... in fact, she's WAY better than the rest of us. It just hurt for those whose lives on earth are without her now.

But, it's time to "buck-up" and get back to work. Some days just aren't for art... yesterday was one of those. Today needs to be. Time to get with it and make some happy and some pretty. Even if I don't feel it yet.

tiny blah blah blah...

coffee - definitely was necessary today. CDL thanks to my birthday gifts! Thank you Jenny and Julie!!! You'll be my "shout out" for a couple of weeks!!

music - not sure yet! Maybe Adele. I'm anxiously awaiting her new album, but found out over the weekend that I'm seeing her in concert this summer!!! (thank you Denise!! that was a GREAT birthday gift!!)

No comments: