Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Wicked... the beads, not the musical

I survived my first real outdoor show... barely.

I'm not going to go into the horrible details, but I managed to get out with my ego somewhat intact, though pretty severely bruised.  I learned a LOT and that's what a lot of the experience was for... to figure the whole thing out.

Things I learned...

I need a roadie, or a team of them.  Building a portable store that looks good is HARD work and I'm pretty sure I need help if I'm going to do it again.

I need more work on my display... including signage that really explains to people what I'm selling... it isn't as obvious as I thought.

I need MORE stuff... a booth that size takes a LOT of inventory to look full.

I need to find the right shows for me... shows that have high-price-point customers in addition to happy shoppers (because this show was totally happy... that part was really fun)

Other thing I learned... always have a show or a class on the heels of a bad show so that you can revive your ego with the help of friends....  Michigan girls, I'm sooooo glad that I'm with you all this weekend!

And speaking of that...  here are a pile of beads heading that way.  Something Wicked, the ring project is included here as well as parts for the soon-to-be Spooky Head Over Heels (which the MI girls will get to see before anyone else!)



It looks a bit gory... the random "severed" heads...  at least the girlie skulls cheer things up a bit! 




tiny blah blah blah...


coffee - YES!  Cinnamon Dolce Latte to the rescue
music - no... listening to audio books this week... Game of Thrones book 2.  WOW!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Sylvie, you hurry to see us and get some Michigan adulation. We can't wait, hurry, hurry, hurry.
Deb