Tuesday, November 03, 2020

She’s Alive!

 She's alive!


It's been a hot minute since i posted anything here.  Mostly because I was not doing any glass work, so I really didn't have anything to talk about.  Because this blog was originally to follow my work in the studio, I thought it might be a good idea to re-visit it as I put my toe back into the "pond" again.

I've been on the torch twice in the last week and the results were less than stellar.  I had problems just getting a dot on a simple bead to begin with.  I will try to post a pic of said bead later, so that I can document progress.

It's my goal to make it to the studio once a week... maybe twice if my schedule allows on weeks that I don't have a wedding to coordinate.  Luckily the rest of 2020 is quiet.... 2021 is another thing entirely, but we'll start from where I am now.

Music - once I put some music on, I actually was able to relax a little and had less tremors and a little more success.  The Chicks (formerly Dixie) were my accompaniment because it was one of my go-to's in the past.


The bead that discouraged me so... which looking at it now really isn’t TERRIBLE but at the time made me feel like my world was ending because I couldn’t get dots where I wanted them to be.


No comments: