Friday, May 13, 2011



21 days to June 4th. Why does that matter??? Because that is my last work day prior to Bead and Button. (if you're reading this and have no idea what I'm talking about already, sorry... it's the biggest of the retail bead shows and it takes place the 2nd week of June and I'm working like a mad woman getting ready for it!)

So, to catch you up, if you've missed the facebook updates (click on the Facebook icon in the right-hand column to "like" me on Facebook and you'll see more images and input than the blog usually provides) my blackboard of bossiness has been awfully demanding and as a result, I've got a TON of stuff made for the show. I still have a LONG way to go, but I started adding things up today and I was astounded how much I've accomplished since the last weeks of March.

I have made over 2100 beads in preparation for the show.... as of now, the glass beads for 210 kits are completed, and others are partially completed. The left-hand column on the blackboard lists all the inventory I intend to have at the show... WOW!

The first time I did the Bead and Button show in Milwaukee, it was my first show with Head Over Heels. I took 70ish kits (and came home with ZERO! would love a year like that again!) Just to see how things have changed, this year I am planning to take over 450 kits.... 7 different projects (I had hoped to have 9, but 7 looks like what will actually happen)

SO... now you know why I've been quiet. I've been taking orders from a bossy blackboard and it did not say "blog" :)


tiny blah blah blah...

music - just about every playlist I have that's not Christmas
coffee - just one, but I really could have used another cup!

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Hi, Sylvie! I'm going to miss you at the Bead and Button Show. I won't be there, but have a great time!

Sylvie said...

Mallory, I'll miss seeing you!!!! You should come to the ISGB Gathering... or another Southern Flames class!!! (Jen Geldard is our next class in the fall) THEN I'd get to see you for a longer time than at B&B!