Monday, December 05, 2011

Playing Catch Up after a GRRRRRReat weekend

Saturday marked the end of the show/class travel year for me.  Decatur Holiday Marketplace is one of my favorite favorite shows and this year truly reminded me why.  I spent my weekend talking to people who loved my work and have supported me for MANY years (I did my first DHM in 1996!!)  It's so nice to hear that people still wear the jewelry I made back then and that those who have bought my glass ornaments in the last 3 years leave them hanging up in their homes all year long to enjoy them.  Made me a happy girl to know that I make other people smile through my art.  A great show and a fantastic way to end the year!!

It was SUCH a fun year full of wonderful people in classes and at shows, but I need some time at home.  I'm going to really really appreciate this next month (and so will my pets...although they were starting to just get used to the suitcases being in the front hall as a permanent fixture) 

I've been running SO much this fall that being home for an entire month is going to seem like a huge luxury.  Of course, being home doesn't equate to vacation time.  I have a LOT to do in this month... first of all, playing catch up!  I've had to push TOO many things to the back-burner, both personally and professionally and I need this time to get things back in order (well, some semblance of order)  Secondly, I need this month to begin heavy-duty production work for my Tucson shows (that's right... it's plural.  I'm in 2 places simultaneously this year... details on that later) and I need to work on some new projects.

If you are a facebook fan, please be prepared for me to ask a lot of questions in the next month.  I need some input as to what types of projects I should focus on for 2012... quick and easy or lengthy and WOWZA.  I'm torn and need some feedback from current customers.

If you're not a facebook fan and want to be... click on the FB icon to the right.  If you aren't on facebook and have no intention of doing so (and I know some of you fall into that category), you are more than welcome to give me feedback here in the comments section or via email.  I really need to hear from some of my regulars!!

Today I'm working on finishing the Zombie Girl AND taking photos of the remaining pieces from my show this past weekend.  I know some of you were anxiously awaiting Christmas ornaments (and non-Christmas ornaments too), so I will try to get those done as soon as possible and let you know where they are posted for purchase.  :)

coffee - YES!!!!!!!  Cinnamon Dolce latte is my best friend (ok... not really, but it sure is good!)
music - Christmas on Pandora.

No comments: