Saturday, December 22, 2012

... and I feel fine!!!

Having survived the end of the world, I figured I should post something on the blog to let everyone know that we're still alive here at Sylviebeads studio. 

I have a few days without kids to get work done on beadwork projects, glass projects AND artsy craftsy things that are required for Christmas gifts.  I've been doing lots of online research for one of my gifts and I need to go out and buy the supplies to finish it this morning.

It's totally out of my normal ballpark of craftiness, but I'm willing to do just about anything to make my kids happy and this one is a challenge, but I'm up for a challenge.  It will be good for my artistic soul to work in another medium for a while.

And in other artsy-craftsy news...  I dyed my sofa chartreuse.... well almost.  I'm about 1/2 way there.  It requires more than one dye-bath and I have the base of it done, but not all the cushions (besides the fact that I've misplaced one of the cushion covers in another laundry basket and I need to find it before I can finish the cushions since I'd sort of like them all to match.

not the actual sofa, but the actual color.....

If you're my ex-husband and reading this, then you should know.... yes.... it's the really expensive cream colored sofa that I dyed chartreuse.... because I can.  You always said that it's a "neutral" in my wardrobe.... I decided that applied to furniture as well.  (besides the fact that 10 years of kids and pets on a cream colored sofa was requiring a makeover that was a few shades darker than creamy white)


My resolution for 2013, is to live in surroundings that look like ME... that are bright and fun and happy and not vanilla.... because I'm pretty much anything but vanilla.


ok... off to Christmas shop for crazy stuff for kids that I don't even know what they're talking about, but I'm adventurous and brave and will tackle this list!


tiny blah blah blah...

coffee:  It's cold cold cold outside and I'm pretty sure Starbucks will be my first stop

music:  DUH!  It's the Christmas channel on the radio!!!

No comments: