Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I've been busy making "spooky-cute" things lately. Here's one of my favorites...I'm doing a series of ornaments that are whimsical and a little Burton-esque for my art show this fall. I loved doing my zombie-girl totem last year and wanted to have a series that centered around that look. I knew that I couldn't do the Jack skeleton head again because it truly is taken from Jack... I needed my own spin on a similar shape. The funny pumpkin head above is the direction I took instead.

SO... what to look for in the weeks ahead? Zombie-girl and Mr. Quiet (that's what I'm calling him) totems and ornaments, as well as funky black and white spooky-cute stuff! AND a new version of Head Over Heels that is a little dark and spooky (cute) too!

It's a little bit of a departure for me, but sometimes I need to take a little trip!


tiny blah blah blah...

music today - more praise music (to keep my head in a good place while i make sort of dark stuff)

coffee - no... too hot. Chick fil a tea instead.

No comments: