Thursday, August 19, 2010

Just a quickie post...

I just saw that I have over 500 people who "like" me on Facebook. I feel like Sally Field, but that's pretty darn cool...that people take the time to click "like" about my work. I don't recognize most of the names, which is even cooler...knowing that there are people out there who like my work that I don't even know.

Kind of mind-blowing actually. (and just about the coolest thing of being an artist...knowing that something I create resonates with people I don't even know. How many other jobs get to say that???!!!! Very cool, indeed.

There are days, however that the "like" number goes down and I wonder... what made someone UNlike me??? I don't take it personally, but it's a bit odd.

ANYHOO...

Monday is back to normal day. I laughingly call it Margarita Monday, the day mothers everywhere celebrate....THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!! In reality, my day will not be spent as a "lady who lunches," but rather a hard-working single mom who is busting her butt to have things ready for all the fall classes and shows....while at the same time juggling regular life with teenage boys. I feel like I'm "one monkey short of a circus" a lot of the time, so I'm not sure how effective my juggling act really is. BUT, I'm having fun and really enjoying the show! :D

(and I realize that the last 2 sentences...and this one too have horrible punctuation and grammar, but I am beyond caring about those things... sorry mom and uptight grammar-police who happen to read this blog. I'm a creative person and I can write well when I want to, but I like extra punctuation marks and I like starting and stopping sentences whenever I please. My apology above is simply to acknowledge that you probably are bothered by my grammatical liberties.)

Have a wonderful rest of your week everyone! I'll be enjoying our last day of summer vacation tomorrow and won't be checking in.



tiny blah blah blah...

FREE Starbucks today! HOORAY for coupons!!!
music - not so much... well, there IS music, but it was chosen by Thing 1 and Thing 2 and today their taste and mine don't go together as well as they do other times!

No comments: