Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Good morning world!!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!

I've been away far too long, but it is what it is. It's been very abnormal around here lately!!

First New Years travel, then New Years Retreat, then New Years Retreat Recuperation and vacation THEN snow days!! Yes, you read that right. We had ice and snow here and it has NOT been fun. My street was completely iced over for 3 days!! My driveway for 2. Luckily, all has evaporated for the most part because it really hasn't thawed. There are still some places on my sidewalk that are ice (need to buy some of that melt stuff to have on hand next time!)

The big bad thing was the cold. It's been frigid here... TOO COLD to work in the studio!!! And to top it off, the zipper on my UGG boots broke!!! That might not seem a big deal to some, but it's a big deal to me. My UGGs make it possible to work comfortably in the studio on cold days... I can't work down there too long if my feet get cold. Discovering UGGs saved my studio days during the winter (my studio isn't heated... it's in a basement, so it's somewhat insulated, BUT the floors get pretty cold in the winter AND I have a window open to let fresh air in, so that keeps it cold as well)

So.... no UGGs and below freezing temperatures have made it impossible to get any work done glass-wise.

Having a sick kid has made the last few days fairly futile as well. He's the kind of sick that needs constant attention.... just doesn't feel good at all. :(

What have I been doing instead??? Working on making samples of the You Are My Sunshine Ring in the various kit colors. I figure, that is important for later, so I should use the "down time" doing something productive.

I'll try to be better about blogging... I promise!! I know there are some regular readers that check in daily... or weekly. More on that tomorrow!!! (probably)

See you then!

tiny blah blah blah....

no coffee - hot tea with the sick one. :(

No music either - we'll be watching reruns of whatever he chooses today. Yesterday was The Office on Netflix (gotta love the watch-online feature!!! FREE!!!!!).

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

It's hard to drive in that kind of icky stuff. Glad all is well. Hope the young 'un is feeling better soon!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.