Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's Thursday!!! And the week is coming to a close... well, almost.

This year is already going by fast and it's only the 3rd week of January! I've been trying to put my calendar together for the rest of 2010, scheduling classes and retreats. Looking forward all those months makes me feel that time is going to speed by this year. (the whole relativity of time thing... when you have too much to do, time flies!)

I booked classes in Detroit, teaching for the glass guild there and I'm really excited about it. I've missed teaching glass and it will be fun to do that again. I love teaching beadwork because it's a very relaxed environment compared to people playing with fire... looking over people's shoulder's helping/correcting/coaching them in a class situation. BUT there is something to teaching glass that beadwork doesn't have. It's more about people creating their own designs using my technical demonstrations as a catalyst. I teach them techniques, but then (hopefully) they make them their own.

The 2 types of classes are really different in their purpose... beadwork to teach a project, beadmaking to teach techniques, so it's nice to have the experiences that come from teaching both. It's really rewarding to see people have AHA moments in glass classes... and it's really fun creating designs that other people want to make for themselves in the beadwork classes. I love that I get to do both this year! Hopefully in several venues!

The cool thing is that I'll be doing both in Detroit! The glass group will be taking both a glass class and a beadwork class. FUN!

I'll keep you posted on the full calendar as it is filled in!


tiny blah blah blah...

coffee - yes! made at home... yum!

music - hymns at bible study... does that count? I didn't have music on today.

No comments: