Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Rainy Monday my friends!

Well, it might not be raining where you are, but it definitely has been raining here in Atlanta. I'm ready for more sunshine... no more rain!!!

(and this concludes the weather portion of today's blog) :D

I've been reading a wonderful book on handmade craft and marketing written by Kari Chapin, "The Handmade Marketplace" In the book, she talks about artists needing a space to call their own. A space that inspires them to create.

Well, I don't have that. I have a basement glass studio which is also housing for kilos of japanese seed beads, but there is NOTHING inspiring about it. Even the walls are bleh taupe. I think I've talked about it not ever being intended as a studio in the first place and how I'd like to relocate it. After reading this book, I've decided that I need to MORE than relocate the studio. I need additional space. And you know what??? I can have it!!! I have a whole house and it's ALL MINE and I can re-purpose spaces to be what I need. So I am!

I began re-purposing another room as MY space. It's not going to be my glass studio (although that's getting an overhaul too.) This is going to be my work room. My inspiration room. My ME room.

SO... there is now a Granny Apple Green room in my house. The color makes me happy. It's the color that was my favorite wall of my old studio in Marietta. I kept telling people how much I missed that green wall... so I made a whole room of that green. And now it's time to finish the room, add a work table, add storage and add inspirational STUFF for the room! When it's all done, there will be photos. I promise! In the meantime, I've got a lot to do!!


tiny blah blah blah...

coffee - nope
music - a mix of mellow stuff while I painted.

No comments: