Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sylviebeads Spring Dreams Retreat

It's time to talk about the retreat!!!!

I'm not ready to register people, but I'm ready to talk about it for a couple of days. I'm going to be teaching a 2 1/2 day workshop in Elijay, GA (same site as the FATABULOUS New Years retreat, The Scrapbook Lodge... we LOVED this place! It's the larger of the 2 cabins shown on the site)

May 14-16, 2010.

The project? The Halo Neckpiece.


It is a GORGEOUS head-turning necklace. Whenever I wear this piece, I get comments. The FUN thing about this project is that it is 2 necklaces in one. One is the piece as shown above, with an angel centerpiece.


The other option is the embellished "rope" (I call it a halo) underneath. I wear it this way ALL the time.

When I tell people how easy it is to make, they never believe me. It's true though! This will be a class where you can actually FINISH THE PROJECT!!!! This project converted my sister who spent the first 3 days of Bead and Button telling people "I am NOT a beader" to a real-live beader. (although she is a totally spoiled beader, having a sister who has a veritable bead STORE in her basement!)

Back to the retreat...I do have to say, that some of the spots in the class were spoken for by the New Years girls, before they even knew what the project was. At the time, I thought I would have a BRAND NEW project to teach, but that was unrealistic. Having new Head Over Heels every 3 months, along with a totally new ring project is about all I can handle right now. SO, since some of them thought they would be taking an alternate class, I'm not sure how many will still want to sign up. Once I know how many spaces remain, I will have the official announcement along with a link to the registration page.

We had SUCH a great time over New Years. I know we'll have just as much fun this time (only a day shorter).


ok... that's it for today!

Hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday!!!



tiny blah blah blah...

No coffee or music today. Chicken soup and quiet (until my kids got home! lol)

No comments: