Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Do you ever have so many ideas that it's hard to pick one to focus on?

I'm there.

I have a deadline at the end of the month for a juried competition. I have self-imposed deadlines for new patterns and projects (also at the end of the month) and I need to get my website up and running, filled with glass beads in addition to the kits.

YET more new ideas keep popping into my head, not allowing me to focus on the tasks at hand.

I had a studio day from hell yesterday. I tried my hardest to make beads and NONE of them (ok, maybe a few of them) turned out any good. They were seriously BAD beads. I gave up after a couple of hours because I could see that I was just spinning my wheels.

Hopefully today will be better. I've GOT to get a couple of good beads made for orders and a couple of more for the new project proto-types AND a couple to choose from for the juried pieces.

I'm putting pressure on myself, but these things HAVE to get completed.... in addition to the non-artistic stuff that goes along with my life and business.


ok... that was an overwhelming post. I'm not as overwhelmed as it sounds like... just a bit scattered in my focus.


time for some coffee!!!

tiny blah blah blah...

coffee - very badly needed. will remedy this quickly

music - Corinne Bailey Rae was the studio music of yesterday. I think today will need to be a little more rockin'. We'll see how things turn out.

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Hi, Sylvie

Unknown said...

"Do you ever have so many ideas that it's hard to pick one to focus on?"

*waves hand frantically* Oh, oh!!! Meeeeee!!!!