Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Note to self...

Do NOT answer the phone while making beads. If you DO answer the phone, tell the person "can't talk... call you back when I can" and just hang up.

I was making beads yesterday and unfortunately was in the middle of a really complicated one when the phone rang. I thought that I recognized the # as something having to do with the boys, someone I'd called and was waiting on a returned call. Wrong. I got stuck trying to keep a bead warm while talking and I ruined the bead. Granted, this person is clueless about art and the process, so I can't blame them. It was my own fault for picking up the phone.

BUT I wasted over an hour of work, not to mention the glass because I answered the phone. :(

AND because I answered the phone, I was totally out of rhythm once I got back on the torch later. There is something about making beads where the first one you make leads to the next, leads to the next.... and when you interrupt the cycle, it throws things off.

I ruined a piece of art and I was bummed.

SO.... if you call me during the day, you will most likely get voice-mail. If you are a friend or customer or someone who is interested in classes, I will call you back as soon as I take a break. If I called you and you're returning my call, I'll call you back soon too. If you don't fall into those categories.... well, you probably won't get a call until I feel like it.

(oh yeah... happy Tuesday to you!)


tiny blah blah blah...

coffee - totally need some.

music - not yet, but soon.

No comments: