Thursday, September 08, 2011

Stress Free Thursday

I know I've mentioned "stress free Thursdays" in prior blog posts.... here's the story behind them....

My friend Keith and I used to e-mail each other all the time and one of our "things" was that each day had a theme... emails must conform to the theme (we were weird like that).  Thursday's theme was "Stress Free Thursday"  Both of us realized that Fridays, even though they were still work days were seen as the "fun day" of the week... and Thursday was often stuck bearing the workload so that Friday could be fun. 

My days are all kind of wack-a-doo.  I work on weekends almost all the time, so there is really no "Friday" but I still seem to feel that "woo hoo" when it gets here.  My workload is only what I choose to make it, BUT Thursdays, a lot of times are the last studio day before I leave for a show or a class...so they're often stressful for me too.  SO...  we decided to make Thursday's emails officially STRESS FREE.  Neither of us would talk about stuff that was stressful and our goal was to make the other person laugh.  We were good at that.

Now that Keith is gone, I'm sharing stress-free Thursday with you.  Try not to dwell on the stupid life-stuff that comes up....because it will INEVITABLY come up on a Thursday  Trust me... Thursday has already tried to throw junk at me today.  I ducked.

I'm now headed to the studio to make fun stuff.  There is PLENTY I could be thinking of that would send me over the edge of stress-dom today, but I don't have a show this weekend and I could use a day of "research and development" making some things that don't really have a purpose yet... trying some new ideas with the hope that something comes from the experiments at a later date (because, that's how things work for me...  it takes a while for an idea to gel)

Here's a sneak peak at one of the crazy ideas I'm playing with....
The idea came from a series of stuffed toys that I saw at Target.  It turned out nothing like the original inspiration and I have NO idea where I'm going with this, but it makes me smile, so I'm going to play around with the idea a little more today.  Opinions about it on Facebook (I posted it yesterday for some feedback) were all over the place.  I like it enough to give it another couple of tries and then will let the funny creatures sit in the studio to see if there is an "AHA" moment or if they were just meant to be a fun diversion.

Time to go make some more of this silly stuff....

Happy Stress Free Thursday to you all!!!


tiny blah blah blah

music - I plan on a very 80's soundtrack
coffee - oh yeah... it was DEFINITELY a Starbucks kind of day!

No comments: