Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Monday friends!!!!

I had a lovely (but hot) weekend and it's time to get back to work!!!

I have a lot of beady things going on this week... I'm finishing putting kits into the website. I'm finishing things w/ my sister for the OTHER website.... I haven't talked much about it here, but my close friends and customers who saw us at Bead and Button know about the site. It's pretty cool and I'm excited that we're doing it together.

It was really fun taking her to Bead and Button. I know she had no idea what to expect and on a practical end, I couldn't have done the show without her, but on a sisterly thing... I had so much FUN doing the show with her... I think she should go every year (we'll have to see if her family lets her though. I know they all missed each other a bunch while we were gone).

It was funny watching her sort of "get" what I do. My friends and family all KNOW what I do... but it's hard to "get" it until you are at a show like Bead and Button where you see the customers and really talk to them. I think she had fun doing that and it helped her understand our business a little better AND it turned her into a closet beader!!!! HA!!!!!!!!!!! (I think that it's too funny that she is a beader now. She might not ADMIT that she is... but she is.) The cool thing for her is that she became a beader with a head start of a HUGE quantity of beads at her fingertips! (literally!)

Her project of choice is the Halo necklace/bracelet. She wanted to see how easy it was for beginners. I'm glad she was able to learn from the pattern without my having to teach her much... that told me the pattern really DOES work for beginners... and now she can honestly say when she's working at shows, how easy the project is!!! (plus she thinks it's pretty... and that's what it's all about in the end!)

SO, I'll keep you posted on Say's bead habit AND will let you know when our new site is ready. I know you're DYING to know what I'm talking about (if you don't already... and probably most of you do!)

off to get stuff done!

and find coffee....

no tiny blah blah blah till i do!

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

You made a convert, Sylvie! Congratulations!