Wednesday, April 06, 2011

I love it when I open the kiln and have a nice color surprise!

THAT is what happened this morning. I made some beads the other day that made me say "hmmmm" maybe I need a new color combo for Flora Flora (I know... I already have too many choices, but this one just said YES! so I couldn't resist) Anyhoo... I knew the overall color palette, but didn't have the specific color combos for each bead decided yet... so I just dove in head first and started putting glass on mandrel as if I did!

I crossed my fingers, hoping that the little flowers I put in the kiln would come out the next day in their cooled form looking like I imagined them. You can't always tell though. BUT these flowers turned out SO fun!!!!!! I'm already in love with this new color-way for the project.


I put the question out on facebook "_____ chick" to help me name it. I've narrowed it down to 3 choices and will decide for sure when I see the whole kit put together.

I LOVED all the suggestions for names and honestly, a lot of them were better than the ones I had in the first place, so some kits might get renamed! Stay tuned for the full list of chicks.


ok... off to relax. I've worked hard this week!


tiny blah blah blah...

Starbucks - yummy Cinnamon Dolce Latte!
music - Mr. A-Z (Jason Mraz)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No picture?! :)

rosebud101 said...

Hi, Sylvie!

Sylvie said...

@regan... no. I didn't have the camera in the studio today. I'll see if I can get one taken tomorrow.

@Mallory... HI!!!!!!