Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Monday World...

And I DO mean world!

I am a few countries and states closer to world domination!

bwa ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

2,800 visits since July 2008 (WOW!!! Who ARE you people???)

26 Countries

46 states - come on Alaska, Vermont, West Virginia and Delaware!!! Get to readin' my blog... you folks are hindering my blogging domination of the US!

I said the other day that the Google Analytics map reminds me of a Risk game... I want to fill in all the countries with my pieces and WIN!!! (what I win, I have no clue... and my mom used to have the rule "winner picks up" so I'm not sure that I want to win THAT job anyways!) But I still think it's fun to look at the map!

I had planned a beadmaking weekend, but it didn't go as planned. It was a nice weekend, but was not spent in the studio as I had hoped.

Friday night was spent taking beads off mandrels. There, I said it here, publicly... I did NOT have a date on Friday night or anything else fun and crazy social, as sometimes my weekends are.... I stayed at home Friday night, watched TV (more on that in a minute) and cleaned beads. Oh well. It had to be done. I was out of skinny mandrels and knew that if I didn't take some of those gazillion beads off the mandrels, I'd be stuck with nothing to make beads with on Saturday.

Saturday, for the most part, was spent being social, although I did get a little beadmaking done. Social won out over beadmaking... so I guess that sort of balances Friday night????

SUNDAY was the day I was SURE I was going to spend in the studio... well, that didn't happen. There was another project that had to be tackled and I spent WAY more time on it than I had anticipated. I was totally bummed about no beadmaking, BUT I really didn't have a choice.

While cleaning beads this weekend, I discovered a new show... one that had been recommended by friends, but I hadn't watched last season. I found out that I shouldn't watch this year unless I caught up with last... so while cleaning beads and working on the monster-project, I watched last year's season of Damages. I still have a ways to go before I'm caught up and ready to watch this season, but WOW is that show good!!! I was hooked from the first scene.

Now, I have to say that I'm watching the whole thing in black and white (the color went out on my TV) which is probably good because I'm really squeamish and there are some intense crime scenes... but it's pretty cool in black and white. Makes things seem a little more dramatic!

I'm not sure that I'll like it as much in color.... might be too intense for me. We'll see. It's a GREAT mystery though... and I love that!

The other beady thing that I worked on for a little while this weekend was my color-recipe book. I am re-doing it, adding and subtracting some things from my previous one. In my first one I only talk about pixie dust. This one I added enamels too. I used up 4 pages on violet pixie dust and purple enamel... tiny writing... and I still have a lot more to add to those categories!!!

I love love love those color extras and how they make the moretti palette SO different. I think that's one of the things that makes my small beads, no matter how elementary they are, "MINE" My colors are just way different than everyone else's. And that's a good thing.


tiny blah blah blah...

Today's coffee is brought to me by beadmaker and blog-reader, ROSEMARIE who totally rocks for putting money in my starbucks "tip jar"!!!!!! I think I'm going to add "tip jar" to the side-bar over there just because it makes me laugh. So, thank you very much Rosemarie. :)

coffee - Cinnamon Dolce Latte prepared by Omar, who said he missed me while I was cheating on him going to a different starbucks. sweet, huh?

music - NOTHING!!! I left my ipod in my studio on Saturday thinking I would be heading back to make more beads later that night... didn't happen.

No comments: