Monday, January 05, 2009

Rainy Grey Monday... AGAIN!

I'm tired of rain. I KNOW I'm supposed to be really grateful for the rain we're getting in Atlanta. We've had a drought for so long and we REALLY need rain... but I'm tired of it. REALLY tired of it.

So... it's Monday and the last day of the boys winter break. We've had such a fun time... it's going to be hard to send them back to school tomorrow... BUT hopefully getting back into the routine will help with all-around time-management stuff because...

I am DYING to spend some time making beads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NO idea when I will be doing it, but I have GOT to get some time in the studio or I'm going to BURST. It's a really good thing that I'm feeling like this. It shows that I'm REALLY back in the groove and feeling like an artist again, BUT I've got to have some creative time soon or I'm going to DIE!!!!!!!! (ok, I probably won't DIE, but I might spontaneously combust due to internalization of creativity.... sounds like it might be dangerous enough to kill me!)

I laughed the other day about the scene in Footloose where Sarah Jessica Parker's character is bouncing off her seat at the bar, DYING to dance (and her boyfriend doesn't dance) and finally, she just bounces out of her seat and onto the dance-floor. THAT is exactly how I'm feeling beadmaking-wise right now.

I have no REAL ideas of what I'm going to be making... it's not like I have ideas brewing that HAVE to be made, but my hands NEED to be making beads. It's hard to describe, but it's definitely something REAL... this need to create. I'm sure it can't be unique to me... that other artists/craftspeople have that same NEED to make art.

I think teaching the creativity workshop has almost made it worse. I see other people creating... and I want to also. It's just SUCH a time-management thing for me. I have NO idea how I'm going to do it all, but I have to steal some time for ME out of there somewhere.

You would think that now that my kids are a LOT more self-sufficient than they were as 1st-3rd graders (or younger) that I'd be able to make beads while they amused themselves during this break. Not so.... they seem to want to be with me wherever I am (which is sweet, but makes it difficult to make beads). If I DO go to make beads... they want to make beads too, which means I don't get to and pretty much defeats the purpose. SO I'm either going to have to BEG them for some "me" time or find a non-kid time to make beads (and that's not real practical, though with layoffs happening at work.... it might be more of a necessity/reality than it ever was before... but I'm not going to think about that today... says the Scarlett O'Hara in me.)

ok... off to enjoy the last day of break with my boys. (although I'm not sure they're going to think that going to Ikea on an errand is very enjoyable... it's necessary. Harrison needs a new desk-ish thing for his room.


Today's tiny blah blah blah is brought to you by my Aunt Janie again... thank you!!!!

coffee - Cinnamon Dolce Latte (breakfast of champions!)

music - Sylvie's Long Mellow Playlist - right now playing Alecia Keys "If I Ain't Got You"

No comments: