Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Friday!

And Happy Anniversary to Me!

For 2 years today I have been a single girl. At least I think it's today... I'm not sure. I found out while riding the L train in Chicago (where I was trying out for a game show) that my divorce was final. I really can't remember what day it was, or what day the papers were actually processed and I haven't gone back to look, but today is the day I've chosen as the day I became single and I'm going with it.... so again, happy anniversary to me.

I never in a million years thought that I would think of it as an anniversary... and I'm not celebrating an ending... this isn't that sort of statement. I'm celebrating that I became, really for the first time, my own person 2 years ago.... and that's a good thing. I've learned a lot about myself in the past 2 years and am a richer person for it.

I hadn't been my own person since the age of 19 or 20... and I'm not so sure I was then... I was still my parent's kid, so it's definitely been a learning experience, getting to know ME... and I like the me I've become. The me that choreographs sing-a-longs on the way to school, the me that laughs A LOT with friends, the me that is strong, the me that is happy with herself, the me that my kids say "rocks" (guitar hero says that too, but it says that to everyone!) the me that GETS why people like to hang out with her. I didn't before. I do now. I'm pretty cool, if I do say so myself. :)

I still have a long way to go in my life journey, but I'm happy that I've learned that I'm a person of worth.... on her own.

Ok... for some reason that horrible Beyonce song "single ladies" just came into my head... I'm going to have to change the subject before I have that in my head the rest of the day... why can't that girl enunciate her words??? it sounds like she says "ah du singah luhdees" then "shudda pudda ree-gonnnit." oy! SO... I really don't think I want that song as my theme song. I'm SO not looking to have a ree-gonnit UNLESS it's a FABULOUS one that I bought for MYSELF!!!

But that's another Beyonce song isn't it???? Well... Destiny's Chlid, but STILL!!! NOW I'm singing "Independent Woman" - "the rock that I'm rockin' - I bought it" It's a funny thing that my life soundtrack today is Beyonce??? Add a little Aretha and Gloria Gaylor too.... and some Corrine Bailey Rae.... that was big part of the sound-track of the last couple of years.


so... no bead talk today... it's all about me today.....


think I'll go order my birthday cake now. :)

(cuz I can do that)


time for the tiny blah blah blah...

brought to you one more time by Rosemarie!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! :)


coffee - Cinnamon Dolce Latte - full syrup with whipped cream. and it was yummy!

music - my FUN soundtrack. Right now... quite appropriately... "She's a Bad Mamma Jamma... Just as Fine as She Can Be." too true!!! :)

(couldn't resist adding the video links today... Carl Carlton on Solid Gold? Priceless!!! What other blog brings you the hits like me??!!!!)

No comments: