Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's Tuesday!

(but it feels like Monday since we had the day off yesterday)

I'm spending a lot of time helping my sister with her website. She's excited and I'm excited for her! I'll have more info on it later, but we're having a fun contest that you will want to participate in!!!

I had a great 2 hours of beadmaking yesterday. WOO HOO!!! I'm still concentrating on little beads, but it's helping me get my control back.

I need to do more stringer work now... let dot work and more tiny swirly-q types of stuff. I'm really enjoying the quiet meditation of these baby beads.... so I don't think, even when I totally get back into my "big bead groove" that I'll give up the baby beads.

It took me a while to miss beadmaking at all, and at first all I wanted to do was make little beads... that's how I started off when I became a beadmaker too. BUT the more I've been sitting there making little beads, the more i've been planning big beads.

I'm honest with myself and know that my bigger beads are probably NOT going to sell right now in this economy, but it doesn't mean I don't still want to make them. I'm going to keep ruminating on them and make some hopefully later this week/weekend. I've been dreaming of little flower fairies lately... and a seed bead project that goes along with it. I'm really starting to think more about those too.

In other news... I'm starting to think about beadshows again. It's a BIG decision and I'm not sure I'm ready for it, but was I EVER ready for it???? I KNOW that I had no clue what I was doing when I signed up for my FIRST show (Tucson's Best Bead show... yes, you read that right) or my SECOND show (Embellishment, which later morphed into Bead and Button)... those seemed totally logical to me at the time because they were the only beadshows I knew about!! I had no idea they were the BIGGEST bead shows out there... just made sense to me... if people are travelling to buy beads, that's where I should go to sell them.

SO... should my first beadshow back out of the gates be Bead and Button??? Is there any way I can even get back into the show???? I know in the past they've had a huge waiting list, but would my seniority help me move up the list OR are people dropping out due to economy anyways??? And am I ready to tackle something that big????? And where will the money come from to do a show like that???? All things to consider.

(and I'm wanting to go to the Gathering this summer too. If you know me well, you know that is NOT something I normally wanted to do... but I do. I miss my glass friends and facebook has reminded me of that a lot lately) SO... we'll see.


tiny blah blah blah...

today's coffee is brought to me by a student in my Finding Your Voice class who has sent me a very generous "thank you". Thank you to you too!!! :)

Coffee today - very warm Cinnamon Dolce Latte (which is cooling quick because it's so cold here!)

Music - my new really long mellow list that right now is just an "on-the-go" list on my ipod, so it doesn't have a name. Right now it's playing Diana Krall "peel me a grape"

No comments: