Thursday, May 05, 2005

Thursday beadmaking update.....

(I kind of imagine that tickertape/news music here)

I did have some studio time today after the teacher conference. I decided to go with the klimt thing I've been on lately, but with a twist. As I was sitting and having my oil changed today, I was drawing bead pictures. I kept being drawn back to a vessel shape. I first was thinking of a vessel with an angel or something like that on it (similar to the red headed girl from the earlier bead) but then I thought about that big hair thing again. What is it about me and big hair?!!

So she's a vessel with big hair! I can't wait to get her out of the kiln...always is interesting to see if I like things when they've come out of the kiln as much as I liked them when they went in. :)

I recently went to an art show where I bought a really cool print and t-shirt from an artist that paints BIG HAIR! I didn't really notice that it was big hair until later. What is it with me?!!! I'm going to try to find his website and post a link. I loved his work.

Here's a link to his site. At first you don't think of it as hair...I didn't, but the more I thought about it, I realized it's just that same subject matter that I do, only with more chaos and bigger "hair" (and a little less girly girl). :)

Bruce Holwerda



Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion (my favorite!)The Elusive Ruby Throated Hummingbird

No comments: