Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Wednesday World!!!!

I don't really have a lot to say today on the beady-front. (editor's note... apparently I did have a lot to say!!) I am SLOWLY getting stuff organized and ready to make a "comeback". I said yesterday that I'm a bit nervous. It's going to be hard breaking my way in again. Ebay sales have been slow for a lot of beadmakers and there is a new site etsy.com that a lot of them are selling through now. I really don't know how etsy works, so that's going to take a little research. It looks really cool, though and there are lots of different types of artists selling there. I like that. Etsy is actually about art and ebay is about... well just about anything. BUT ebay has been "beddy beddy good to me" (said in my best Saturday Night Live voice)

BUT... I've been out of the picture for 2 years now and bead customers can be a very fickle group. As Heidi Klum on Project Runway says "one day you're in and the next you're out" (I can't type in a german accent, so you'll just have to imagine she was saying that). There have been times that my beads sold for LOTS on ebay and times where I felt I was giving them away.

I don't intend on giving them away. I'm manifesting success (said kind of tongue in cheek - I have been listening to "The Secret" and am TRYING to make all things in my life take a positive spin) in my bead business. We'll just have to see where the best venue for that is.

I'm trying to figure out the best schedule for everything at the same time. I need time to design projects, because that's a big part of what I do every year... come up with something NEW for my beady students/customers, while at the same time making glass pieces that I love AND sell (which can be tricky... not everything I love to make sells). For instance... I LOVE the piece that is currently on my website, but it's not really what people want when they are looking for my work. I made myself into "the mermaid lady" and it's hard for some people to see past that.

I've been so inspired by art, though... paintings, sculpture, ancient glass, etc. and I want to bring those inspirations into my work as well... and that doesn't always mean mermaids, so I'm going to need to make sure I have studio time for myself... just to explore new things that make ME smile.

My my my... I'm very "chatty today"!!


ok... time for the tiny blah blah blah and then off to the dentist! (which isn't so bad... they have laughing gas for people who are chicken like me!)

Coffee - homemade!!!!!!!!! with tiaramisu (I have no idea how to spell that) creamer. First I had hot, then poured it on ice and took it on the road.

Music - my ipod playlist called "Music for a Chick Flick" which is just a mix of stuff that either I know has been in a chick flick OR should be!!!

No comments: