Friday, August 29, 2008

It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've needed Friday all week long, so I'm glad it's finally here. And it's a long weekend Friday, so that's even better!

The sad part of this weekend is that it's the last weekend our neighborhood pool is opened. It's funny, I've lived in my neighborhood since I was a teenager. I moved away when I got married and then came back and bought my parents home in 2002. When I was a teenager I LIVED at our neighborhood pool. There was not a lot else to do in the summers before I was old enough to drive or work, so during those pre-seventeen years, I spent almost every day with a book, laying out in the sun.

When we moved back to our neighborhood, I just wasn't into the "pool scene" in the neighborhood for some reason. I think I went once or twice all last year, and maybe not at all the year before. My kids don't LOVE the pool, but they would go with friends.

Well, this year was different. A neighbor and I decided at the beginning of the summer that we pay for the membership to the pool every year when we pay our home-owner's dues and that we need to get our money's worth. We thought that a good way to do that would be to have a regular "Friday Night at the Pool" thing with our families. Well, that grew into Sunday afternoons at the pool when my kids were with their dad.

Next thing I knew, I was at the pool almost every evening that the boys were with their dad, just hanging out with friends or reading. I LOVED having this pool a couple of blocks from my house. It became the part of my summer that it was when I was a teenager! And I'm going to miss it!!!

I've always had sort of a "shell" in my neighborhood that I hid behind. I haven't really had a lot of contact with anyone other than my immediate neighbors and a couple of parents of other kids that are friends with my boys... but even that was more of a "hi" "bye" sort of thing.

This summer, I've been Miss Friendly and made sure I got to know lots of people in the neighborhood. I'm going to miss them at the end of the summer, but I'm probably not going to see them much. (we didn't become BEST FRIENDS or anything) So, it's kind of like the end of summer camp. I know I'll see these people again next summer, but I know we probably won't keep up with each other in between now and then.

So, farewell to summer and my swimming pool.

The good news in this is that my "social butterfly" time will now be available for beadmaking. YAY!!! (see? I can tie beadmaking into almost any topic!!)

I'll be back next week with more of my sermon series on the creative process!!!

Happy Long Weekend to Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


tiny blah blah blah

coffee - mais oui! Cinnamon Dolce Latte with whipped cream

music - I'm currently listening to my long long long playlist called "If I was a Radio Station." It's different from the one on the right which is more mellow songs that seem to flow. This one is totally random (and way too long to list on the sidebar or publish as an imix). I just went through my library and clicked on every song I like a lot, whether it fits or not. So I might get Journey (which is what's on right now.. All Night) or Elvis Costello's Allison (which was on right before Journey). You might get Norah Jones next to T-Pain or Allison Kraus with MC Hammer!!! You just never know!

Its such a long playlist that I played it for 2 days of driving to Oklahoma last summer without repeating a single song. It's my favorite "RADIO STATION" because every song is one that makes me say "oooh! I like that song!" And wouldn't we all love our radios to be like that?

No comments: