Monday, August 18, 2008

It's MONDAY!

Wow, that weekend went by FAST! Too fast!!! I didn't get ANYTHING done in my studio like I'd planned to. BUT I'm not going to let that deter me from getting started in there today. I probably won't get to make beads, but you never know. I might be able to get things together in super-human "comcast high-speed" style (if you haven't seen those commercials, then that won't make sense to you).

ANYWAYS, I'm not going to stress about not having worked this weekend, I'm just going to "get back on the wagon" and go ahead with my plans to be in the studio by today!!!

On a non-beady subject, I'm going to explain why "Midnight Train to Georgia" is the song of the week. I usually pick a new-ish song that I've been listening to and I had a few choices for that, but I just kept coming back to Gladys and the Pips. I have the song on my old Groove Tunes playlist (not the one on the right... an older one) and play it in the car all the time and can't resist singing along AND doing the "woo woo" choreography. (if you don't know what I'm talking about, we'll you're just missing out on a pop-culture "must know")

ANYWAYS (my new favorite word perfect for blog entries that go awry), I play this song in the car and sing along, causing my children to eventually be sucked into the dark-side of Mom-karaoke and to sing along too!!! So, now my children do the Pips part of the song while I mostly do the Gladys (but I like to say "woo woo" too, so I tend to switch). The boys have also started doing the choreography, so it's pretty funny. They EVEN tried to teach one of their friends the song when he had to ride along one day and I had the song playing.

I have been brainwashing my children for years, trying to get them to like all the same music I do. For the most part it has worked. Now they've branched out a little and picked their own stuff BUT I can still get them to sing along with Gladys AND on occasion we can wail to Otis Redding's Tenderness in the car on the way to school. Pretty funny.

I have the coolest kids in the world.

ok... time for the tiny blah blah blah...

Coffee - a disastrous morning! I didn't get coffee made at home, so I cheated and stopped at Starbucks and ordered my regular Cinnamon Dolce Latte in the drive-thru after I worked out (undoing any good I'd done working out again!) BUT after I drove a few blocks and took a drink.... yuck! It was TERRIBLE!!!! No cinnamon dolce syrup and it was just super strong espresso and milk... I hesitate to even call it a Latte. YUCK YUCK YUCK. (so now I'm drinking a tea from Chick fil a.)

Music - "Sylvie's New Groove" - not listed on the right. Maybe later. Right now it's Christina Aguilera's "Candy Man" coming up next Pussy Cat Dolls "don'tcha" I don't claim to be "high brow" in my music tastes!!! (except when it comes to Gladys! You can't get classier than that!)

No comments: