Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's a grey grey Tuesday in Atlanta.

I'm listening to Otis Redding on the Ipod and in a great mood.

It's definitely feeling like Christmas and I'm still working on re-loading the Christmas songs onto my ipod. It's a little more labor-intensive than I wish it was SO I will probably leave those songs on from now on!

And on a non-beady, but Christmasy topic, I need some help from you, dear readers...

I had a CD years ago that I played in my studio (this was in the late 90s most likely... sorry I can't be more specific, but that's the problem). I lost the CD in the fire, but it was a great Christmas CD and I'd love to have it again!!!

Here's the deal... It was a Christmas CD and a compilation of all sorts of Christmas/Holiday/Winter songs sung by women. I THOUGHT it came from Starbucks, but after writing to their customer service department and their thorough research, I have found that it did not. They INSIST that it didn't (I still have my doubts, but they did a lot of research with their music company "Hear Music" and I really appreciate that they tried, so I'm going to have to go with their "not ours" answer)

I really liked this mix of Christmas music, BUT I don't know the name of the album and have looked all over the internet trying to find out what it was. If it's for sale somewhere, I'll buy it, but I'm guessing it was a limited-time-only sort of thing. If I can't get it, I'd love to just know the track names so that I can re-build the playlist for my ipod.

Here are some of the songs... maybe you can help!!!

Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby (that song is on a million CDs so searching for this song isn't helping)
Aretha Franklin - First Snow in Kokomo (this song is much less available on non-Aretha albums and last year it wasn't even on I-Tunes, so I thought this would make it easier to find the album... nope.)

Loreena Mckinnett (sp?) - no clue what the name of the song was

It MIGHT have had Annie Lennox, but I'm not sure of that.

Other than that, I can't remember what the songs were, but I loved the album. If you like to solve mysteries, or just love researching stuff and can help, I would TRULY appreciate it!!!!!!!! I would even go so far as to dedicate the playlist to you in my tiny- blah blah blah. LOL

well that's it for today. I have beady stuff to talk about, but I've got to get going for today!


tiny blah blah blah...

coffee - YES!!!!! Cinnamon Dolce Latte of course!

music - my playlist called "Sylvie Just Wants to Have Fun" which is on the "Grace Kelly" by Mika track right now.... coming up Queen "Somebody to Love"

No comments: