Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursday!!!! We are ALMOST there folks!!!!!

It's still very grey here in Atlanta... really warm, but grey grey grey.

I have a friend (actually the minister of my church) who has been posting "top fives" on his blog... the top 5 people you see on a MARTA train (our rapid transit system), Top five U2 songs... just random top 5s... inspired by the movie High Fidelity.

In addition, I have OTHER blogging friends or facebook friends who have posted "100 things about me." (them "me" not ME "me". That would be weird... if everyone was posting their versions of 100 things about ME... scary in fact). ANYWAYS... I wrote my 100 things and posted it on facebook. It's primarily personal things, so I'm not posting it here on my bead journal... sorry. You're really not missing out on much... I promise. (unless you were DYING to know how many pairs of red shoes I have... and that you'll just have to wonder about I guess).

So, I started my 100 Beady Things about me for the blog and it is BORING. So, for now, I'm not going to post it.

Instead, I'm going to go Derek (my minister)'s route and do some "Top Fives"

Today's top 5 is about glass colors...

My top 5 favorite glass colors... (if you're reading this because you're curious about the non-beady stuff... you might decide to skip this posting... it's a glass beadmaker thing I'm sure)

Here we go...

1. Opaque lime green. Absolutely can't live without it.
2. Transparent Dark Amethyst
3. Opaque periwinkle
4. Transparent Dark Grass Green
5. Opaque sky blue (I don't know the name of it, but it's the turquoise-y one that doesn't get silvery)

I really could be happy making purple, blue and green beads all day long. With those 2 transparents, I could get a leaf-cane and a floral-cane and be set.

Of course, there are tons of other colors I love and can't live without (unless I decided to make purple, blue and green beads ONLY), but these are the main ones I use ALL the time.

And that's it for today... I've got a LOT of other stuff to get done and hardly any time to do it!!


tiny blah blah blah...

tea not coffee today, but I'm thinking I'll have an afternoon Starbubucks... I'm gonna need it.

music - haven't put the ipod in the speakers, but I'm singing Prince's Let's Go Crazy in my head.... does that count??? My sister was talking about singing it in the car YEARS ago (1985??) and I can't get it out of my head!!! Although my favorite from the album would have been "Baby I'm a Star"... I'm going to have to put some Prince on and listen to the whole Purple Rain album now!

No comments: