Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Warm Weather Wednesday!

Crazy! It's almost HOT here today! I'm wearing FLIP FLOPS in mid-December!!!!!

Crazy crazy crazy!!! (but I like wearing flip flops, so I'm a happy girl)


I had been working on a long-ish blog posting, but i'm skipping it for today. I re-read it and it's really boring, so I'm going to rethink it. I hate being boring.

Today's beady news is about seed beads!! I took a beading workshop on Saturday with Cynthia Rutledge. It was sort of a last-minute decision, but I'm really glad I did it.

(did I already talk about this early this week???? I can't remember and don't feel like looking at the archives while I type this, so I'll pretend I didn't if I did! You can always stop reading if it bores you!)

The project wasn't one that I would have normally picked and I honestly WANTED to do the Sunday class instead, but the Sunday class was way too crowded and I didn't feel like sitting in a crowded class. Classes are as much social for me as they are educational. I miss a lot of these bead girls (especially Cynthia), so I'd rather be able to chat a tiny bit... which wouldn't have happened in the Sunday class.

ANYWAYS, I ended up really liking the project on Saturday (I haven't looked to see what the name of it was... sorry) and the colors of the kit I chose were really yummy! I'm going to have to MAKE myself finish the project so that I can wear it. A lot of times I use a class as purely a learning opportunity... make enough of the project to learn something new and never finish it (because it's not my design... I don't want to wear other people's most of the time... silly, but true)

BUT I'm going to finish this one... I like it.

PLUS I'm going to make some beads for Cynthia's kits again. Nothing huge... just some little beads here and there. It will be nice to play with color again for her. That's what her orders always were for me... color explorations. I'm looking forward to it! YAY!!!

ok, that's it for now...

tiny blah blah blah...

coffee - mais oui! (can you tell we've been studying for French finals at my house?) une Cinnamon Dolce Latte pour favor.

music - My "new" Mellow List (which is now over 9 months old) - right now it's Jason Mraz (big surprise... that he's on one of my playlists!) singing You and I Both, which is my favorite of his songs

No comments: