Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Tuesday!!!!!

One day closer to Christmas... I LOVE Christmas!!!!

  • Time to watch Love Actually, Holiday Inn and White Christmas once a week. :)
  • Time to play Christmas music non-stop and sing at the top of my lungs with Mariah Carey when "All I want for Christmas is you" comes on the radio (or ipod)... more on music in a minute.
  • Time to decorate with all things Christmasy. Our family Christmas style is quite eclectic. For reasons I won't go into here, we have decided to have 3 separate Christmas trees... each person gets a tree to decorate on their own. I'll take pictures and those of you who facebook can see them when we're done. Let's just say it's interesting to see what we pick.
  • Time to make yummy candy for teachers and family.
  • Time to make lots of gifts for people I love. Since I need to talk about beady things here I will say that the "making things" part of this list does include making some beady-type things... but that's all I'm saying.
  • Time for the 3rd (?) annual "Girls Gone Mild" Christmas party. A la-di-da dinner out with "my girls" (one of my favorite events of the year... all of us in one place at one time, dressing up, eating and drinking at a FABULOUS restaurant (this year we're eating at Atlanta's newest... Craft) laughing together, sharing stories... being girls and having fun).

Back to Christmas music... I am SO frustrated right now because I did something dumb (I think). I moved a LOT of the music from my I-Tunes library out of I-Tunes, but still on the hard-drive so that I would free up space in I-Tunes. This included almost ALL of my ex-husband's bizarre collection of pretentious euro-trash electro-dance junk, overly bluesy blues, zydeco noise and over-all awful world music collection.

Sorry... if you're one of the "mutual friends" (although I really don't think we have more than one or 2) who reads my blog... it's true. I'm not saying anything about him PERSONALLY just that I don't like a lot (most) of what he downloaded onto my computer. A lot of his music choices, in MY opinion were just junk to my ears and I didn't need them clogging up space in my I-Tunes library... HOWEVER I didn't want to totally delete them from the hard-drive. That seemed wasteful. After-all there were at LEAST 1,500 songs of this nature and who wants to throw away $1,500????? Even if it's not stuff I like I feel wasteful deleting them.

SO... I moved all his music out of I-Tunes along with the big collection of Christmas music. I figured I'd just re-load the Christmas stuff when it was time... I have a BIG Christmas collection (I can actually thank him for that one... not sure who spent $500 on Christmas music, but I'm guessing him. So "mutual friend" chalk this one up for a "thank you" which could balance the "I hate his music" comment... right???)

SO... I moved the Christmas music out of I-Tunes temporarily so that if I put the ipod on "shuffle" I wouldn't end up with Jingle Bell rock mixed in with Jason Mraz and the Black Eyed Peas, BUT now I can't figure out how to get them back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're there on the hard drive... I see them there with all the other music, but they don't show up in I-Tunes and I don't know how to make them. I've been reading the "help" section, but can't figure it out.

I might have to make an appointment at the genius bar at Apple and have them show me. They rock.... those Apple geniuses!!!

SO... listening to Christmas music is only happening via the radio for now... and I don't get to choose what they play, so I'm stuck with that Trans Siberian Orchestra stuff mixed in... which is not my favorite. I'd MUCH rather listen to The Boss or Jon Bon Jovi or Mariah wailing their versions of Christmas classics old and new.

Oh to hear Otis Redding sing White Christmas.... HOPEFULLY I'll get that fixed by next week and you'll be reading "Sylvie's Christmas Mix" in my tiny blah blah blah.

so for today's non-Christmasy Tiny blah blah blah...

Coffee - happy Cinnamon dolce Latte

Music - Sylvie's New Groove which is all rockin' or dancin' songs - right now it's Kelly Clarkson's "Since You've Been Gone" (which was quite timely in it's tie-in here, but completely unintentional)

No comments: