Monday, December 01, 2008

Monday Monday...

I know I'm SO far behind in my blogging, but that's just life I guess.

Thanksgiving has come and gone and Christmas will be here before I know it!! I have a LOT to do between now and then and some big goals to conquer between now and then.

This past week...

I learned to use a power drill!!!!! I know that sounds lame and that most of the world has probably done that before, but I hadn't and I'm really proud of myself for it. I decided to hang some shelves and they are a type that my ex-husband always hung for me, but I needed to learn to do it for myself instead of asking for help from my neighbor or dad... and I did (learn... not ask for help).

I got new shelves hung for my craft room!!! YAY!!!

I also purged some stuff that needed to be purged... including a bed (although it isn't officially being purged until later this week when the new one arrives)

In addition... I drove downtown at night to somewhere I've never been all on my own (a concert venue), parked, walked in the rain and really did something that I normally would have been a little intimidated by. I had done stuff like that during the day, but not at night. I'm not saying I felt totally confident, but I did it.

These are tiny things I know... but they are meaningful for me and I NEED to see the positive sides of me learning to be on my own a little more.

I rock. (or at least I keep trying to tell myself I do!)

Goals for this week... decorate for Christmas. This is no small task either. I haven't decorated the outside of my house since becoming single, so it's a little daunting to me (I know I sound totally lame... as lame as I sounded for having never used a drill) BUT I'm determined to figure it all out and get my house Christmasy by this weekend. SO... hopefully I'll have an "I did it!" report for you next week!

nothing beady to report for right now...


tiny blah blah blah...

No coffee today - Chick fil A tea instead (but coffee would have been a better choice. It's COLD!)

Music - Jason Mraz on ipod. I went to his concert on Saturday night and it was... just... WOW!!!

No comments: