Friday, February 06, 2009

Happy Friday to Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and, since I don't blog on Saturdays...

Happy Birthday to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mom told me that when I was about 2 it was halloween and they were lighting candles to decorate and I started singing "happy birthday to me." Guess that showed everyone early how I feel about my birthday. It's all about ME ME ME!!!

As a kid, I never knew anyone with my birthday. It was sort of off by itself from other friends and family too... so it was special. (It wasn't until college when I actually met people that had my birthday... Hi Laura! Fellow February 7th birthday-girl!!) By then, I'd already pretty much defined February 7th as all about me me me day, so I was content to know that there were other people feeling the same that day.

Not everyone shares that opinion... it seems that the world doesn't shut down and throw parades for me BUT it's still the only "holiday" that's just mine. I'm sure this makes me sound quite immature, but hey... for one day of the year, I'll own up to that!!! I don't ask the world to give me gifts or DO anything for me... I just like knowing that it's MY day. :)

SO... tomorrow is all about ME ME ME.... and friends. That's what's important to me... spending time and laughing with people I love, so that's what I'm loving about my birthday this year. I celebrated a week early with my family last weekend.

This weekend I'm celebrating with friends. I'm starting my celebration tonight with a chick-flick viewing with one of my GGMs (see prior blog entries about the Girls Gone Mild). Tomorrow morning I'm going to a bead show with a friend from church who I really enjoy talking to and have enjoyed getting to know this past year... so it will be fun to do something un-churchy with her. PLUS I haven't been to a bead show in 2 years, so it will be fun to see what's out there in bead-show world these days.

Tomorrow night... it's GGM time again with Cirque du Soleil tickets and dinner at one of my new favorite restaurants JCT Kitchen in Atlanta.

I had planned to talk about beady stuff here today, and actually had a quote from a really good book ready to cut and paste, but alas... this became all about ME ME ME.

But isn't that what this blog is about????

SO... thank you for celebrating my 37th (again) birthday with me!!!

Happy birthday to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)


tiny blah blah blah brought to me by my mom because I got a little birthday money, so I guess her announcement would be "happy birthday Sylvie"!!! :)

coffee - Cinnamon Dolce Latte with Whipped Cream and sprinkles and candles!!! (ok...there weren't really candles, but that would have been fun!)

music - my long mellow list. Right now it's playing Billy Joel - I Love You Just the Way You Are (which is how my friends feel about me... and I them...which is a wonderful thing)

No comments: