Thursday, February 12, 2009

It is Stress Free Thursday!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! We are ONE day closer to the weekend and BOY I need the weekend to get here!!! (not that this weekend will be any more relaxing, but I LOVE getting to sleep even an HOUR later than normal!)

Today isn't a LOT calmer than the others this week... this week has been WAY too full of appointments. I have been running all over the place and have barely gotten anything done at work, in the studio OR at home. I hate that!!! It's been a combo of work-related year-end stuff, legal crap, sick kids and other appointments. I'm thinking next week will be a LITTLE better, but then I looked at the calendar and it's not MUCH better. :(

I hate that!!!!!!!! I want a few weeks where my franklin planner doesn't look all colored in! It's a pretty planner and I love it dearly. (I really do love my planner. I use it for doodling and bought pretty pages that make me happy to look at so that I'll use it) BUT I'm really tired of having stuff in the appointment sections. I'd rather draw there! ;)

(right now I have really cute doodles of Halloween princesses on some of the pages... now doodling valentines queens) and always squiggles and spirals filling the empty space.

I haven't checked the kiln to see the beads from night before last yet. I'm DYING to. I KNOW that there is something really interesting in there. Could be interesting GOOD or interesting BAD, but I'm dying to see it. It's one of many prototypes for the new project.

Speaking of the new project... I bought a magazine the other day and opened it up and there was something VERY similar to what I'm thinking about. I showed it to H with my sketches to see if he thought it was too similar and he said not at all. It's not even the same medium, so I really shouldn't worry, but I do. I came up with this wonderful thing in my head, all on my own and POOF someone else out there was having a similar idea in their head. I wanted to be the only clever girl out there I guess.... and this time (as most others) I wasn't.

I'm going to go ahead with it, even though I've now seen this other thing (that I wish I hadn't). My structure and engineering are different... it's just a similar theme. Wish I could talk more about it here, but alas, I can't.

I'm HOPING for a little beadmaking today, but we'll see. I have to get a kid to appointments today, so it all depends how scheduling works.... but I really would love to spend a few (which means more than 2) hours on the torch.

Wish me luck!!!

time for the tiny blah blah blah....

TODAY'S coffee is brought to me by Maggie!!!!!!!! Thank you SO very much Maggie!!!! She didn't send an annoucement or a shout-out for me to make on her behalf, so I'll just say...

MAGGIE, YOU ROCK!!!!! thank you SO much for my coffee! It's YUMMY!!! :)

coffee - Venti Cinnamon Dolce Latte WITH whipped cream

music - Sylvie's long mellow list - currently playing Jackson Browne's - "Stay". Next up, Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars"

No comments: