Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Stress Free Thursday everyone!!!!!

That's right... we've almost made it through another week without the world crashing down around us. I heard someone on the radio yesterday say "it's not the end of the world until the world ends." I liked that. It's easy to get sucked into the scariness of it all. And it IS scary... I'm not pretending that it's not.

I started this morning listening to Bob Marley's - Three Little Birds. I think that's going to be my mantra for the next few days/months/years. I'm actually going to paint the lyrics to part of the song on the bathroom wall so that in the morning my kids wake up with "Don't Worry About a Thing" subconsciously playing in their head all day. I think we all could use a little of that song in our subconscious minds.

There was no beadmaking at my house yesterday. I'd hoped to. I NEED to. I even have a box of new glass WAITING to be played with (my CIM order came!!), but there was just too much LIFE stuff that needed to come first. Hopefully I'll find a little time tonight. I have a lot on my bead-plate right now as a whole.

I've got TONS of pictures to take. I've got web-site work to be done. (I have a wonderful web-designer helping me though, so at least I'm not trying to figure out this stuff on my own!! Ginny at DesignandDetail.com is WONDERFUL and patient and "gets" beadmakers! - I can't wait to see how my stuff turns out.) I also have samples to bead and just over-all stuff to get going.

When I started my business years ago... it wasn't really a BUSINESS. I was just someone making beads because I really liked it. So the business part just grew as it needed to. I wasn't ever doing all this stuff at one time like I am now. Plus I had another person there to balance some of the "life-stuff" like picking up groceries or other just normal life stuff. Now that it's just me, it's a LOT to handle while working a regular job AND setting up a business AND being the person who manufactures the "product" that the business sells. (well... HOPEFULLY eventually sells).

I know that times are tough for beadmakers and this is not going to be an easy time to re-enter the market...especially as a full-time job-job, but I really don't have a choice as far as career-fields (unless I want to work retail or starbucks or something like that...which still might be neccesary...please don't freak out mom... go back to paragraph one and click the Bob Marley "everything's gonna be alright" link). Art IS what I do. I didn't go to school to become a lawyer or a teacher or an accountant or anything else. I went to school to be an artist. I'm good at it. I have supported a family with my art before and I'm totally confident that I can do it again.

SO... this is a stress-free posting. Seriously. Everything's gonna be alright.

Besides... look at what my niece made me. Who can be anything other than light-hearted when they get this????I'm Aunt Leesie to my niece and nephew. (Leesie from Elise. Logan's middle name is Elyse too... I just made my sister spell it with a Y so that people didn't call her Elsie like they did me!!)

ANYWAYS... this beautiful unsolicited greeting was there on my facebook page last night. Leesie loves Logan too! :)


tiny blah blah blah...

brought to you again by Stacey!!!!! WOO HOO for free coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (seeking sponsorship for next week... let me know if you need a plug. I'm here for ya!)


coffee - wonderful cinnamon dolce latte

music - my long mellow list... featuring Bob Marley's Three Little Birds. Right now I'm listening to Landslide by the Dixie Chicks (which makes me think of my Canada trip... read it if you need a laugh... see the side-bar under the category "Canada" to find it)

No comments: