Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Monday Monday...

and it's FREEZING in Atlanta!!!!

March came in like a lion and out like a lion??? That's not the way it's supposed to work!! Of course, there are a couple of days left for it to turn itself around.

I had a very un-beady weekend. I'm hoping for more bead time this week... or at least beadMAKING time. I did spend beady time over the weekend, but it was all computer-oriented... and it doesn't feel very beady... but it's necessary.... and so was grocery shopping and home-mainenance and car-shopping and kid-hanging-out-with and church and every other non-beady thing I needed to do over the weekend.

I'm hoping to have LOTS of beady news in the future, but for now... just knowing that I miss my studio time is a big deal. I had lost that part of me for quite a while and it's really nice to know that I still have it... whatever "it" is.

I can't tell you all how exciting it was the first time I was back at the torch and actually made one of my tiny faces. It requires such control to get those little eyes where they should be and to put the nose centered on the face and not have it be a horrible growth on the forehead of a cute little fairy or mermaid!!! Having my hands do what I want them to again is SO SO SO good.

Knowing the things that cause my hands NOT to do what I want them to are out of my control... that isn't so wonderful, but at least I know what causes the tremors and I don't see it as career-ending anymore. I just have to deal with it and work around them when they happen.

Did anyone NOTICE that the blog is prettier now???? All 3 of you who read it???? No one said anything and I KNOW that the whole world is out there reading my blog... well... except for Delaware... doesn't ANYONE in Delaware have a need to read my inane ramblings??? (And just for the record... I'm not so vain as to think this blog is important enough for ANY of you to read... but it's nice that you check in on me from time to time. I know a lot of you personally and think of you when I'm writing. I know others of you personally and limit what I say because you ARE reading. LOL ... that was for you mom)

time for the tiny blah blah blah...

Coffee - Cinnamon Dolce Latte brought to me by... ME!


Music - My fun playlist. Currently playing Paolo Nutini's "New Shoes" I LOVE that song! I don't think I ever had it as a song of the week, but I should have. It's a couple of years old, but a great song for spring. Always puts me in a good mood!!! (even if I don't HAVE any new shoes!)

No comments: