Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's THURSDAY!!!

(not Friday...)

I was SURE when I woke up that it was Friday today. bummer! I hate when that happens!! I actually was pretty sure it was Saturday FIRST and then realized when I actually heard the alarm that it was Friday... and then alas, realized THAT realization was wrong too.

oh well!!!

Yesterday I did NOT make beads. But that's ok. I did beady things again, so I'm still on track. I went to the Southern Flames meeting (the atlanta area group of glass beadmakers. I STILL hate the name just because when you say it people don't know what you're talking about and several people in the past have thought it was some sort of gay-pride group... I'm not kidding... SO I almost always say "the glass beadmaker group" right afterwards. Silly, huh?)

ANYWAYS, I'm off track again. I went to the meeting last night because THAT is what local beadmakers do and I'M A LOCAL BEADMAKER!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!

It was kind of funny because I actually was the person who started the original group of glass beadmakers in Atlanta back in 1996. We weren't a formal organization... just a group of beadmakers that got together once a month to talk beads. It then became a formal group in 1998(?) and I was one of the co-presidents somewhere around 2003??? The group meets in the beadstore where my studio used to be (the one with the cool walls) and it's really like my HOME when I'm there, so it was funny when the NOW co-president who was leading the meeting had no clue who I was (of course... I didn't expect him to) and "welcomed" me as a new person to the group. That made me snicker.

a side note... I miss my walls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really do. When I was there I was in my element. Those colors just make me HAPPY. I have GOT to take the time to pull down all the shelves in my studio (which will be a nightmare) in order to put some color up on the walls.

Someday I'll take a picture of my NOW studio. It's very very different in that I'm also more of a bead-warehouse than I was back then. Half of my studio is devoted to storage of the seed beads that I use for my kits. They consume 2 full walls of the space... so there is not as much room to paint fun stuff, BUT I still need some color in there. It's KHAKI!! How much more boring could I get than that???!!! (my excuse is that it was supposed to be an office for my ex when we painted it... it just became my studio instead and it was a quick move, so there was no time to paint first.... I wish I had though!!!) Hopefully I can find some time to do that this year (or next)

Beady stuff - I did make jewelry last night. Just a small gift for a friend, but it required CLEANING the beads that I had made a few nights ago. UGH. I'd forgotten about that part of making beads!!!!!! I hate cleaning beads!!!!!!!! I miss my bead-fairies/divas that used to come to my studio and do that kind of stuff for me!

(I know I have some new non-beadmaker-y people reading now, so I promise that I will add a link to some basic bead stuff so that you know WHY I'm cleaning beads and why it's such a pain!)

Tonight will not be a beadmaking night either, but I am going to dinner w/ a friend and will most likely talk about beads.... so I'm counting that!!!!!!!


Finally, in other beady news. I have several people who have expressed interest in the online class. It's going to happen and I'm planning it to start at the beginning of October. I haven't FORMALLY announced it anywhere other than here, but I'm planning to in the next 2 days. I think I have 5 slots open right now. If you are reading this and have not said you want to do it and DO... tell me ASAP. If you want to know more about what's involved, e-mail me and I'll be happy to give you the full scoop. (do I have an e-mail address posted over there? -----> If not go to sylviebeads.com and you can send e-mail from there)

that's it for today!!!


tiny blah blah blah...

Coffee - cinnamon dolce latte. yum!

Music - Dixie Chicks - Wide Open Spaces. I was reminded by the word "canada" to the right about them this morning, so I decided it was a good day to listen. (if you didn't know this already, there is a story in my blog archives about how I flew to Canada to see the Dixie Chicks. It's pretty funny if I do say so myself!!)

No comments: