Friday, July 25, 2003

Hi-di-ho...

It's Friday! Today is the kid's camp program. They are doing a program at 12:30. I know it will be great and we will have fun...BUT I have to wonder....why am I paying for 5 days of summer camp when they are actually only at camp without me for 4 1/2 days??? Not that I'm being cheap or a bad mom or anything, but I need to work!!!!!!

I am making a promise to myself right here and right now that I won't let my husband talk me out of camp next year....waiting until the last minute to get a 1/2 day camp only. The boys are loving camp, so it's a good thing for them to go....AND I am enjoying camp...drinking my starbucks in peace...not having to say "don't touch your brother" in that scary low voice that sounds like a horror movie demon or something....and actually getting a chance to make beads without griffin coming in every two minutes saying "can I make beads?" "can I dip mandrels?" "can you play uno?" It's not fair to him OR me for me to try to work while he's home. Harrison is much more independent, so it doesn't seem to have the same effect on him.

okie dokie...off to camp and starbucks :)

Venti Mocha here I come!

No comments: